This is to inform the general public that the sale of application forms for the 2015/2016 academic session into the Kaduna State University College of Basic and Remedial Studies for Kaduna and Kafanchan campuses has commenced
Basic Studies Programme:
- Candidates for this programme must possess not less than 5 O’Level credits which must include English Language and Mathematics. The other 3 credits for the SCIENCE programme should be in the following subjects: Geography, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. For the HUMANITIES programme, the other 3 credits should be in Economics, Government/History, Literature in English, Biology and Geography.
- The 5 credits above must be obtained in not more than 2 sittings.
- Candidates are expected to register for the 2016 Unified Matriculation Examination (UME) with relevant subject combination and must obtain the minimum pass mark approved by the Federal Government.
- All candidates in the Basic program that have successfully satisfied the conditions mentioned in (1-3 above) will not be required to write the Post UME of Kaduna State University
Remedial Studies Programme:
- Candidates for the SCIENCE programme must possess a minimum of 3 O’Level credits in not more than 1 sitting in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Geography.
- Candidates for the Humanities programme must possess a minimum of 3 O’Level credits in not more than 1 sitting in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Economics, Government/History, Literature in English, Biology and Geography.
- Candidates admitted for the Remedial Studies Programme are expected to register and pass the SSCE or NECO in the subjects they are deficient.
- Candidates will not be allowed to register for subjects that have not been attempted at O’Levels.
- Remedial students that will sit for the 2016 Unified Matriculation(UME) must obtain the minimum pass mark approved by the Federal Government and will write the Post UME of Kaduna State University
Sale of Scratch Cards
This will commence on Monday, 10th August 2015. Eligible candidates are expected to purchase a scratch card of N5, 200.00(Five Thousand Two Hundred Naira Only) as follows:
A. In Kaduna Town: Scratch cards will be sold at Diamond Bank, Ahmadu Bello Way (opposite NNDC Building) Kaduna.
B. In Kafanchan: Scratch cards will be sold at Diamond Bank.
C. In Zaria: Scratch cards will be sold at Diamond Bank, Sabon Gari Zaria.
D. Payment for the form should be made to:
Account Name: College of Basic Studies, Kaduna State University
Account Number: 0026281011
Method of Registration
- Prospective candidates MUST purchase a scratch card and use it to complete the online application form
- After purchase of scratch card, click on the "create account".
- Fill the registration form then click next.
- Enter your PIN then click the finish button to complete your registration.
- This will take you to your application form which you must fill completely to successfully apply.
- All fields marked asterisk (*) on the application form are compulsory.
- After completing the form, upload a scanned COLOURED passport having a WHITE or RED background in JPEG format. Your photo should not exceed 200KB in size.
- After completing the first form click save and the continue button.
- Enter your complete O' LEVEL result. If you are awaiting your O'LEVEL result, indicate by selecting AR against the subject.
- After completing the O' LEVEL form, click the save and continue button.
- A confirmation form showing all your details entered will be displayed.
- To complete your application click the apply button.
- A successful message will be displayed and you will receive a successful application email.
- Candidates offered provisional admission will be required to produce the original copies of their certificates at the point of registration.
- Candidates offered provisional admission can be posted to either Kaduna or Kafanchan campus of the college.
- Candidates are required to present bank tellers as well as PIN card at registration point.
- Candidates are to note that tuition fee paid to the university is non-refundable
- The University will not enter into correspondence on its decision with any candidate.
For any correspondence and enquiries on the Online Admission Application, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your Application Number and PIN Number